I am a firm believer in setting goals and working on improving yourself, so New Year’s resolutions are a bit of a highlight for me. Mostly because it gives me the chance to tell myself that the next year will be better. Usually, I`d put in a little “spoiler alert: it never does” as a half joke, but this time I really can`t see it get any worse. I mean, I don`t really think I have to get into any details here, as we are all painfully aware of what a disaster this year has been. Let`s just say that however dumb it is, I truly stand behind the “we don`t talk about 2016” memes.
So, as you might have noticed, I have put up a new page where I`ll be posting my 2017 goals and updates on my progress. For this post, I will be focusing more on the less concrete things. The general self-improvement if I may. So without further ado, here is a list of things I really want to take with me into the new year that will probably last `till approximately February 3rd.
(Legally extracted from Pixabay`s Pixaline.)
- Stop procrastinating (painfully boring, I know), to a certain degree.
- Start doing things just for fun, not because I feel like I can gain something from it professionally (or out of vain, if I`m being completely honest).
- Try to cut down my Coke Zero budget (currently around 80 dollars a month) and hopefully not get Parkinson
- Get more involved in the international blogging community
- Stress less over things that don`t really matter
- Take decisions based on what I want based on a 20 year plan, not a 60 year one
- Get more involved with local charities
- Learn more about different cultures through fictional literature, not just dull books and documentaries that focus on all the wrong things
- Be more like Beyoncé
- Explore the endless possibilities of hearty vegan cooking as opposed to living on a diet consisting mainly of bananas and cereal w/ almond milk.
- Be slightly less cynical/critical/pessimistic/judgy/bitchy
- Be more selective with what I own (AKA donate/throw out at least 60 % of my belongings, so that I can actually have some overview of what I have)
Those are some of the more general things I want to do. I hope it was somewhat interesting or that you had a “same” moment. Generally, for my posts I like to either inspire or be all hashtag relatable. Except, not in a cheesy or overly general way. Anyways, if you want to see some of my more concrete goals for the upcoming year, just click on “2017 goals” in the top menu. So what did you think of my resolutions? And