Lately I`ve been super into green smoothies. And I know that there are a lot of variations of them out there, but i wanted to share my recipe with you and also write about some of the health benefits of this smoothie. You know that I`m a sucker for food (and drinks) that meet on that sweet spot in the middle of the healthy and delicious venn-diagram.
This recipe is my adaptation of model and youtuber, Alexandria Morgan`s and you can find hers here. So without further ado, here is my green smoothie.
General and health based benefits:
- Vitamin K and calcium for bone health
- Vitamin A, vitamin C and iron for healthy skin and hair (aka aesthetics, jot that down)
- Low calories, high satisfaction
- Magnesium for cardiovascular health
- slow releasing energy
- good for rebalencing electrolytes
- great pre workout food
- lots of fiber
- makes the smoothie booth sweet and extra nutritious
- Adds some great spiciness to the smoothie
- Helps digestion
- Reduces nausea (seriously the best cure for hangovers)
- Reduce menstrual pain
- Help fighting the cold or flu
And the berries will obviously depend on which you use, but in general, low in calories and high in nutrients. For optimal health I would recommend throwing in some blueberries though. You know the hype.